Class E Truck Driver / Warehouse Associate
We are looking to hire two experienced Class E Truck Drivers, which will also act as a Warehouse Associates when not driving for our Imperial location. Drivers will be responsible for safely and responsibly operating one of our 28' box trucks. Our fleet has both automatic and manual transmission trucks so the ability to successfully operate a manual transmission is a big plus!
Job Type: Full-time
- This is a physically demanding job. This is not merely dock-to-dock. This is a hands on freight position.
- Drivers load/unload their own truck, and get prepared for their route for that day.
- Drive the route based off information provided from the Logistics Manager and/or Lead Driver.
- Contact each client and provide them with an ETA.
- Locate Material at the pick up site. Pack material (palletize, wrap, and/or load into gaylord boxes). Load material onto the truck.
- Be prompt showing up to work at 7:30 a.m. each morning.
- Work until the day is complete. This is typically, but not guaranteed to be at 4:00 p.m.
- If the driver is not on a route on any given day, they are to support the warehouse needs, or any other needs of the business.
- Some Saturdays will be required March through November.
- May be asked to travel out of town for a period of one or more days. This is a rare occasion, but may be possible. Driver will be notified in advance of any necessary overnight out of town travel. Accommodations paid by MRC.
- Able to drive a manual transmission a huge plus!
- Prior experience is also a huge plus!
- Must be a "go getter." Showing up late, missing work on a regular basis, or lack of productivity will not be tolerated.
- Must have Class E license or better
- Must possess, or be able to obtain a DOT Medical Card
- Must be able to pass background check
- Must be able to pass all DOT/DMV checks
- Must be able to pass supervised drug screening
- Maintain a clean/neat appearance at all times
- Have a working cell phone at all times
- Available to work Monday through Friday, and most Saturdays.
- Pay will be based on skills and experience
- Overtime opportunities on Saturdays (paid time and a half)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance offered
- Enrollment in an IRA plan offered
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. *times may vary dependent upon logistics scheduling*
- Some Saturdays will be required between March and November
If you want to work for a growing company, and feel success from team work, then join our MRC Logistics Team!
No phone calls about this position. Phone calls about this position will not be accepted.